About Us

QTA Consultants, Ltd.

About Me

Renata Bliumaite – EA, NTPIF

Renata Bliumaite established her Elmhurst, Illinois local tax practice in 2005 after retiring from Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams LTD. She received Enrolled Agent designation from the U.S. Department of Treasury in 2008 and later joined the ranks of the prestigious NAEA National Tax Practice Institute Fellows. With NTPI Fellows we are more than qualified experts to represent their clients at all levels and branches of Internal Revenue Service. As a tax professional, Renata Bliumaite, has helped hundreds of individuals, families and small business navigate the complex US Tax Code. Her years of experience and on-going tax education enable her to solve the most complicated tax issues and disagreements, settled cases on behalf of individual and corporate clients. As an Enrolled Agent, Renata has represented taxpayers not only in Illinois, but throughout the US and some foreign countries, talked mazes of California Franchise Tax Board. She is a current member at the BNI Local Business Network. Renata holds a Bachelors of Arts degree from California State University.

Team of accountants
  • What is an EA?

    An enrolled agent (EA) is a federally-authorized tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and who is empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service or audits, collections, and appeals.

  • What does the term "enrolled agent" mean?

    “Enrolled” means to be licensed to practice by the federal government, and “Agent” means authorized to appear in the place of the taxpayer at the IRS. Only enrolled agents, attorneys, and CPAs may represent taxpayers before the IRS. The enrolled agent profession dates back to 1884 when, after questionable claims had been presented for Civil War losses, Congress acted to regulate persons who represented citizens in their dealings with the U.S. Treasury Department.

  • What are the differences between enrolled agents and other tax professionals?

    Only enrolled agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in matters of taxation before they may represent a taxpayer before the IRS. Unlike attorneys and CPAs, who are state licensed and who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all enrolled agents specialize in taxation. Enrolled agents are the only taxpayer representatives who receive their unlimited right to practice from the U.S. government (CPAs and attorneys are licensed by the states).